Thursday, April 12, 2007

My March Madness

I haven’t written an update in a while … and with good reason. I’ve been amazingly busy! Being done with the WWTBASH audition process is just …. so nice. I felt like I was holding my breath through the whole thing. Couldn’t do much. Didn’t want to spoil any chances. Now, I’m done with all that and I can finally get back to living the life I was meant to live. Its all part of the experience though. It was my path and I’m grateful for the things it taught me.

Now moving forward! I have been trying to get more organized on so many fronts. Talk to anyone and I think you’ll find a pretty tight consensus; charity work saves people and we are about saving people, so that is definitely part of the job. I have been in touch with two children’s hospitals, an elementary school, and a local March on Meth campaign. The hospital seems to be coming to fruition quickest. One of my oldest friends is a doctor in child psychology and she was invaluable in editing my script for the hospital. Who would have thought inspire was a big word for kids?? She suggested we publish and put it out there as a program. I told her I know a lot of folks that would love to do this as a national gig. More to come on that.

As for freindly Citizen support patrols. I have been seeking the best way to gain traction and I hit upon a connection. I am stepping up my Inspiration Campaign and being as public as possible. I visited a local dining/entertainment district in the Inspirational costume and handed out “Who Is Citizen Prime” literature and glad handed at least 50 folks. Everyone loved it. Not a single person said or did anything derogatory. Quite to the contrary. I got high fives, hand shakes, waves and two offers (to which I responded, “Sorry, I’m married” of course!) It was also the night Channel 12 caught up with me and followed me a round for my patrol.

Phoenix Channel 12 News

Oh yea, I’ll be on Channel 12 Phoenix New on April 30th, right after Heroes. Yea, they thought it would get good ratings. We’ll see. Channel 3 is curious, as well but I’m trying not to put to much stock in it, except that it can certainly help the movement and certainly help people feel comfortable with our presence. That’s my incentive. Hopefully, every little bit helps.

DSC03009The "Prime" transportDSC03016

Had an interesting incident last night. I was pulled over coming home. Yep, doing 34 in a 25 mph zone. I got chatting with the officer, told him what I did and about the Citizen Patrols. He asked if I have any weapons. I said Bear Mace (technically that was the only thing in the front). He laughed and said I should join the Volunteer Deputy’s instead of inviting drug dealers to pop a cap in me. They would train me in armed response, stick me in a uniform for the volunteer shifts, back me on calls and he said they give you a marked car to drive. I’m not sure I got all the details right because it sounded pretty awesome in a lot of ways. I have a call into them. Hey, I think I could do a lot of good work during those shifts. Its not really what this heroic inspiration thing is about, but I’m considering adding it to the gig. I’ll keep you posted. By the way, I didn't get a ticket. Whew!

And all that on the real life side.

Still working to get the Webisodes going and working a deal for the comic side as well. Savage Pictures is on board as soon as we get a window of time, we’ll shoot the first episode(s). The comic artist in negotiations is … nah … I won’t jinx it. Lets just say, if this works out, Moon Knight and I will have a similar likeness. That’s the only clue I dare give out at this juncture.

And the pièce de résistance is I am biting the bullet and having a website professionally built.

I t w i l l b e a w e s o m e !

And that’s been my March and April so far. So, trying to keep busy and trying to get things going. The news interview brought a great perspective. They had some hard questions. Questions we should all answer. But in the end, I’ll just say, its important to evolve. This is still a pioneering effort in my opinion. We have not perfected this gig, by any stretch of the imagination. And imagination is what its built on. Or I should say Inspiration. We should never forget that. After seeing so many people lit up simply by my walking down the street last night, I know I won’t forget it any time soon.

Stay safe and remember, inside all of you lives The Heart of a Hero. Exercise it well.

.