Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Shooting the film: Citizen Prime

Are you ready to be primed?

Everything seems to be moving at light speed. Just got back from a whirl wind weekend making the film Citizen Prime. Mike Fox is fantastic (Ed. He is the co-founder of Savage Pictures). I shot him over a script. We whittled it down and he shot me back a shooting script. 73 shots in one day. Didn’t think we’d make it through them but we were rolling, man. It was great.

Even now, I can’t believe everyone donated so much time and energy to this audition film. Right this second, I love about everyone I saw that day. It was incredible. We had sound, cameramen (two, even!), three thugs, an ingénue and make up , hair, Traci was there doing costume and continuity. It was almost like a real shoot. As close as you’ll ever come for free, that’s for damn sure.

And I think it’s going to be fantastic. Everyone was right on the money. Once again, life seems to be sweeping the project up and running with it. I can barely keep up. Can’t wait to see the finished product. Its going to be spectacular.